The Village at Sprenkle Drive: Skilled Nursing
Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Services
This option provides nursing care and related medical or other personal health services 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to individuals who require full-time care or supervision, but do not need more intensive, hospital-based care. Individuals may be temporarily placed from other levels of care within an LSS senior living community or be directly admitted following an illness, injury or surgery, or reside long term due to illness or aging.
Skilled nursing and rehab centers offer skilled medical care under the supervision of licensed nurses with at least one registered nurse on duty at all times. Custodial care also is offered and includes services that assist in the activities of daily living, including bathing, dressing, toileting, transferring from a bed to a chair. In Pennsylvania, skilled nursing and rehabilitation centers are licensed by the state Department of Health.
The Lutheran Nursing and Rehabilitation Center Amenities
Our skilled, compassionate staff provides exceptional health care services complemented by:
- Individualized activity programs that build on residents’ interests and strengths
- Programs and services that meet spiritual needs
- Beauty salon and barber services
- Housekeeping and laundry service
- Delicious meals and tempting snacks with accommodations for special dietary needs
- Social services
- Physical, occupational and speech therapy
Dining at Sprenkle Drive features an open dining plan provided in an attractively appointed dining room, allowing residents the flexibility to enjoy their meals whenever it is convenient for them.
Social & Recreational Programs
We offer a wide and ever-changing array of social and recreational programs designed to keep our residents active and involved. Some of our most popular activities include:
- Pet therapy
- Themed activities
- Social outings
- Lunches at Glatfelter Café
- Intergenerational programs with children
- Cooking corner
Fitness & Wellness Programs
Addressing the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of our skilled nursing residents is one of our main priorities. We offer a variety of programs designed to help residents maximize their physical abilities including:
- Tai Chi
- Regular exercise programs
- Transportation for local medical appointments is provided at no charge.
- Additional transportation is available, with prior arrangements.