Shrewsbury Lutheran Retirement Village: Personal Care
This option is for older adults who require assistance or supervision in activities of daily living (ADL). Meals and housing are offered along with social, recreational and spiritual activities. Typical ADL services include transferring in and out of bed or a chair, toileting, bladder and bowel management, personal hygiene, securing health care and managing health care needs, self-administering medication and proper turning and positioning in a bed or chair. In Pennsylvania, personal care homes and facilities are licensed by the state Department of Public Welfare.
Zimmerman Place Personal Care Amenities
We offer a variety of services and amenities at Zimmerman Place that are designed to meet the changing needs of our personal care residents. Our monthly fee includes:
- 24-hour emergency response
- Medication assistance
- Wellness management
- A diverse and interesting activities program that provides opportunities for socialization within the residence and in the outside community
- Housekeeping and laundry service
- Bathroom with shower
- Programs and services that meet spiritual needs
- Scheduled transportation for local shopping and medical appointments
- Delicious meals and tempting snacks with accommodations for special dietary needs
- Assistance with activities of daily living
- Temporary respite care
Dining at Shrewsbury Lutheran Retirement Village features an open dining plan, provided in an attractively appointed dining room, allowing residents the flexibility to enjoy their meals whenever it is convenient for them, from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. Special theme nights include:
- Beer and Crab nights and others
Social & Recreational Programs
At Shrewsbury Lutheran Retirement Village we offer a wide and ever-changing array of social and recreational programs designed to keep our residents active and involved.
Fitness & Wellness Programs
At Shrewsbury Lutheran Retirement Village we believe that staying active is an important contributor to good physical and mental health. Our residents are encouraged to participate in group exercise programs as well as establish their own personal exercise programs.
- Transportation to local destinations is provided for a fee.