What We Do:
Domestic Abuse Intervention Services offers alternatives to domestic abuse by providing the opportunity, information and skills training needed to help individuals who have used violence or abuse begin to live non-violently.
Domestic Abuse Intervention Services is an educational program for those who have been abusive, controlling or violent with an intimate partner or child. A group learning process is used. Although it is not therapy, the process is therapeutic and fosters personal growth.
Our Journey Includes:
- Becoming more self-reflective and honest about behavior and its impact on others.
- Becoming accountable and taking responsibility for behavior.
- Examining core beliefs about men, women and relationships in order to understand and change abusive actions.
- Learning that there are always non-abusive, non-controlling and non-violent alternatives.
- Experiencing the freedom and benefits of living non-abusively.