Compassionately Caring for Our Community, One Child of God at a Time
LSS directly touched the lives of 16,597 individuals through its senior living, community health and community outreach services. Although numbers are important, the true value of LSS is lost in just a single number.
It’s the stories of lives changed, lives enriched, lives that inspire others which really tell the story.
You will be touched by the heartfelt stories of Joshua Hess, a deaf student at Dallastown High School; Jacque Meeker, a former Village at Sprenkle Drive resident; and Melanie Furlong, a Lutheran Home Care & Hospice employee. Please click here to view the LSS Mission Video in closed captioning.
Community Outreach Services provide the building blocks of a strong foundation in the lives of many people in the community. LSS serves those in need regardless of their faith, creed, beliefs or life experiences. They include:
- Case Management staff work with individuals, couples and families to overcome life’s challenges through referrals, emergency assistance and life coaching.
- Center for Deaf and Hard of Hearing provides a link for the deaf and hearing communities of York County through interpreting, technology and other services.
- Congregational Health Ministries/Parish Nurse is a free 12-hour training course for congregation members interested in developing a health ministry program.
- Domestic Abuse Intervention Services offers alternatives to domestic abuse by providing the opportunity, information and skills training needed to help individuals who have used violence or abuse begin to live non-violently.
- Financial Literacy/Economic Self-Sufficiency helps to provide individuals and families the means to improve their financial well-being and increase financial knowledge.
- Social & Specialty Services Coordination provides a “one stop” approach for guidance, support and/or referral to an LSS program or another trusted resource in the community.
- Lutheran Counseling Services is a place to turn when dealing with life’s difficulties, including depression, anxiety, loss, and lifestyle change.
- Senior Companion is a volunteer program providing companionship and support to older adults.
- Stephen Ministry is a volunteer program providing ongoing Christian care to people experiencing life needs or crises.
- Touch-a-Life is a volunteer service available to those of any age with specific, short-term need for support.