Community Outreach Services provide the building blocks of a strong foundation in the lives of many people in the community. LSS serves those in need regardless of their faith, creed, beliefs or life experiences. They include:
- ADVANCE, a domestic abuse intervention program, offers alternatives to domestic abuse by providing the opportunity, information and skills training needed to help individuals who have used violence or abuse begin to live non-violently.
- Case Management staff work with individuals, couples and families to overcome life’s challenges through information, referrals, advocacy and life coaching.
- Center for Deaf and Hard of Hearing provides a link for the deaf and hearing communities of York County through interpreting, technology and other services.
- Lutheran Counseling Services is a place to turn when dealing with life’s difficulties, including depression, anxiety, loss, and lifestyle change.
- Senior Companion Program is a volunteer program providing companionship and support to older adults.
- Stephen Ministry is a volunteer program providing ongoing Christian care to people experiencing life needs or crises.
- Touch-a-Life is a volunteer service available to those of any age with specific, short-term need for support.
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) provides free income tax preparation for low- to moderate-income households.